(1) Manual hand board: its main workload is completed by hand.
（2）數控手板：其主要工作量是用數控機床完成的，而根據所用設備的不同，又可分為激光快速成形 (RP, Rapid Prototyping)手板和加工（CNC）手板。
(2) CNC hand board: its main workload is completed by CNC machine tools. According to the different equipment used, it can be divided into laser rapid prototyping (RP) hand board and machining center (CNC) hand board.
A: SLA hand board: it is mainly produced by laser rapid prototyping technology.
B: CNC hand board: it is mainly produced by machining center.
Compared with CNC hand board, RP hand board has its own advantages:
The advantages of RP hand board are mainly reflected in its rapidity, but it is mainly formed by stacking technology. Therefore, RP hand board is generally relatively rough and has certain requirements for the wall thickness of products. For example, if the wall thickness is too thin, it can not be produced.
The advantage of CNC hand board is that it can accurately reflect the information expressed in the drawing, and the surface quality of CNC hand board is high. Especially after its surface spraying and silk screen printing, it is even more glorious than the products produced after opening the mold. Therefore, CNC hand board manufacturing has increasingly become the mainstream of hand board manufacturing industry.
By material used
According to the materials used for making, the hand board can be divided into plastic hand board, silica gel hand board, metal hand board and oil mud hand board:
(1) Plastic hand board: its raw material is plastic, mainly the hand board of some plastic products, such as TV, monitor, telephone, etc.
(2) Silica gel hand board: its raw material is silica gel, which is mainly used to display the design shape of products, such as cars, mobile phones, toys, handicrafts, daily necessities, etc.
(3) Metal bracelet: its raw materials are aluminum magnesium alloy and other metal materials, mainly the bracelets of some high-end products, such as notebook computers, advanced single player, MP3 player, CD player, etc.
(4) Clay hand board: its raw material is clay, commonly known as clay carving hand board, which is mainly used for product appearance design and development. At the early stage of product development, clay carving masters make models with clay according to their own imagination or pictures, and then determine the appearance according to the clay model. However, at present, many clay hand boards are replaced by freeform.